- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, 1/4-inch dice
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves, or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 capsicum
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 1 jar of store bought pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup of fresh cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- crushed pepper
- Pasta cooked al dente
- Whole basil leaves, for garnish
- Grated Parmesan, (optional)
In a 3-quart saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until soft and light golden brown. Add the thyme and the other vegetables, and cook 5 minutes more, until they are is quite soft. Add the sauce and bring to a boil, stirring often. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until as thick as hot cereal. Add the cream and mix it well.
When ready to eat, add the cooked pasta the mix. Garnish it with the Parmesan.