Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Vegetable Fajitas


Ingredients:
  • 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
  • 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 zucchini sliced into strips
  • 1/2 cup store bought salsa
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Directions

  • In a 10 inch iron skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions, red and green peppers, and garlic; stir to coat with oil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir squash into vegetables. Stir in salsa, cumin, and salt. Cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
  • Cook the vegetables until tender.
  • Wrap the tortillas in a wet napkin and microwave it for about 20 sec
  • Spoon vegetable mixture evenly down the centers of warm tortillas, and sprinkle with cheese, sour cream and cilantro. Roll up tortillas, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I just love to cook and everything that goes along with food. I cook at home most of the time but I do enjoy eating out once in a while too. I have 2 blogs, one with all my recipes and the other one is all the places that we eat at. My husband and I love to eat and go out. The other day I was looking for a new phone so we were doing our rounds to all the service providers around our house, before we can decide which one to go with. When we went to the Sprint store close to our house we realized that we even though we have been in this area for the past 4 years we have never been to that strip mall. We found a pizza place that looked really good from the outside. That's when we made a New Year's resolution of eating out once a week and try a new restaurant each time. And here I will write my thoughts of the place and what I think of it.

Followers