- 2 cups of Chickpeas soaked and boiled.
- 1 large chopped tomatoes
- 1 large onion chopped into long thin strips
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 1 tbs Ginger Garlic paste
- 4 chillies
- 2 tbsp each of Turmeric (halidi), Garam Masala, Ground Coriander, Salt
- 1 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) seeds.
- A large large pot in which to pour 2 or 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Heat the oil in the pot until hot. Add the cumin seeds and let it them pop for around 20 seconds. Then add the chopped onions and fry until they are lightly browned. Add the ginger and garlic and then add the chillie. Stir fry on medium heat.
Then add the chopped tomato and stir-fry for about 5 mins on medium-to-high heat until the oil starts to separate from the onion/tomato mixture - and then add the spices.
Stir it all thoroughly on medium flame.
Then add the chunks of potato - stir until well coated in spices. Then add around 3 small glasses of water into the pot - and put the lid on and bring to boil. Let it simmer on a very low flame for around 20 mins with the lid on. This will soften the potato.Add the channa n cook for another 10 mins.
After about a further 15 mins of simmering - add some fresh chopped coriander leaf and stir it all in. Keep it simmering for about 10 mins more. Turn the heat off - put the lid on tight - and let it it stand for around 15 mins.
Eat with Rice or Chapathi